The various programs serve students ranging from grades 4-11 and can include both local and international participants. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work in a variety of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), fine art, English immersion and American culture classes.
Foster connections between local and international students in a fun, academic setting
Support teachers in their work with all students
Provide an opportunity for high school students to expand their work experience and college admissions portfolio
Perks of Volunteering
Earn field service learning hours
Gain work experience and potential references
Become familiar with Western’s campus
Meet some Western faculty and staff
Lunch in the Viking Commons for full-day volunteers
- Must have completed ninth grade
- Available for at least one full week of morning and/or afternoon sessions during July and/or August (two or more weeks is preferred)
- Must be able to attend one of the training sessions offered in June 2018
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with a subject line including “High School Volunteer Application” to email@example.com. Priority applications are due by 5 p.m. on May 1. The final application deadline is 5 p.m. on May 28. If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the following information in your resume:
- Best phone number to reach you
- Best email address to reach you
- Name of your current high school
- Grade level for the next school year
- Any relevant academic, professional, or volunteer experiences
Please be sure to address each of the following in your cover letter:
- Describe previous volunteer or work experience you have included in your resume.
- Describe your experience working collaboratively with a team.
- Describe your experience in leadership roles.
- List any days/weeks you know you will be unavailable to volunteer during July and August